ion8 is a business management consultancy that enables enterprise grade cloud technologies for business. ion8 implements business process tools, as well as sales & marketing technologies such as websites and marketing automation. ion8 offers creative, marketing and advertising services to drive business for its clients.
Join Our Team!
Position: Junior Intern (Back-End Developer)
Position Type: Full-time, 1-year term.
This project is proudly supported by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation:
We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the role of Junior Intern. The Junior Intern will be responsible for assisting with the creative aspects of marketing for both client and internal initiatives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the automated aspects of the marketing needs of our clients.
- Assisting with our client’s business tools and ability to connect tools using APIs and webhooks.
- Assisting with the internal needs of ion8.
- Interfacing with clients and team members on a regular basis.
- Gaining familiarity with Zoho One business applications.
- Writing estimates, proposals, and other correspondence.
- Participating in training opportunities as they arise.
- Other Back-end development needs as they arise.
- Experience and interest in custom development
- Ability to understand business logic, such as envisioning future eventualities & predicting workflow needs.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly, verbally and in writing
- Experience in back-end development is considered an asset.
- Willingness to pick up Deluge over time.
- Experience using Google Docs, Sheets, & other collaborative tools is considered an asset.
- Experience using cloud-based tools
- Proficient with technology and the ability to learn new tools, programs, etc.
- Flexible & adaptable. Experience in a fast-paced environment is considered an asset.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a high-level understanding of the following:
- How to securely implement APIs
- The Cloud (Azure, AWS, Google, Digital Ocean, Zoho)
- Web servers (NGINX, Apache, IIS)
- Relational databases
A successful candidate will have a deeper understanding of:
- Python Flask
- REST Architectural style
- HTTP Status codes
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas would be considered an asset:
- The Open API Specification
- Understands API first design
- Knowledge of OAuth
- Can deploy databases, web servers and web services
- Is able to define what “robust” means in the world of APIs
- Favours reuse and shared services to one-off solutions
- Ready to write unit tests if they are required
Educational & Vocational Requirements:
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program in the field of study of marketing, business administration, creative design, or development.
- The position will be the first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Note: Candidates MUST meet these requirements in order to apply.
- Candidates must be local to North Bay, Powassan, or Nipissing, or be able to commute to North Bay each workday.
- Telecommute options may be available once the candidate is trained and we are satisfied that they can work appropriately while telecommuting, but they must be local.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Junior Consultant Position”. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including those with disabilities and accommodation needs. Please notify us if you have any accessibility requirements. Information gathered will only be used for the purpose of determining employment suitability, and will remain confidential.
Ready to take the next step?
Our experts in digital advertising, web design, and cloud communications are excited to partner with you to modify your business processes and guide your team through the transformation.